Do you have a front load washer? Have you noticed that over time your washer will begin to smell terrible and you have no idea why?
Why Is This Happening?
Here’s why. First of all, the smell that you smell is coming from the rubber that is in the front of the inside of your front load washer. The reason that it begins to smell after a while is because there is moisture that develops from being sealed so tightly all of the time. Over time, this moisture turns into mold, which then creates a foul smell. If not fixed quickly, this smell can eventually ruin your entire washer and you know how costly those can be to replace.
How Do I Keep It From Happening?
There are a few things that you can do to keep your washer from smelling.
- After every use, make sure that you leave the door open for a little while. This will allow the moisture to clear out and the water to evaporate, greatly reducing the chance of mold.
- Another thing you can do to maintain dryness and prevent mold is to wipe the rubber in your front load washer with a towel after the last use of the day.
- Remove finished loads as soon as the washer stops. Not doing so builds up mildew and mold.
- Using cotton swabs, clean out the rubber seal with water and vinegar on a semi-regular basis.
If you do these things on a consistent basis, you will have a great smelling and great operating washer!
What Are Other Things That I Should Know About My Front Load Washer?
- When washing small items such as lingerie and socks make sure to put them in mesh bags. These items often get caught in the washer and cause damages to the appliance.
- Make sure that you always, ALWAYS, check your pockets before putting them inside of your front load washer. Washers often get ruined by loose change, gum, and other things that fall out of pockets.
- If you are ever noticing problems with vibrations, water drainage, or unusual pauses you may want to clean out your drain pump filter.
- Make sure that you are selecting the correct spin speed for the load that you are washing.
New Life Appliance Repair is committed to servicing your appliances with quality, timeliness, and affordability. For more information visit us online or give us a call at (949) 929-3198. We can’t wait to talk to you about what we have to offer.