Let’s face it, you’re tired of washing your own dishes. It takes too much time and it dries your hands out. It’s time to get your dishwasher fixed. Before giving a call to your local KitchenAid washer repair, try to see if you can fix it yourself. Here are a few tips you can try to fix your dishwasher:
*Remember: If at any time you have a question or you’re not sure about something don’t hesitate to call your local KitchenAid dishwasher repair.
Your KitchenAid Dishwasher Repair Solutions
Problem: Your dishwasher isn’t working at all.
Solution: If your dishwasher isn’t working at all, there are a few things that you can do.
- The first thing that you should try is making sure that the dishwasher is firmly plugged into the outlet.
- Check the fuses and circuit breakers to make sure that they are not damaged or one hasn’t been tripped.
- Check the wires of the plug for damage. If it cord is damaged it should be replaced immediately.
- Check the door latch to make sure that it is working correctly and fully closing.
- If you have tried all of the above and your dishwasher is still not working at all, give New Life Appliance Repair a call at 949-929-3198 and we’ll be happy to help you figure out the problem and come up with a solution.
Problem: The water is not draining out of your dishwasher.
Solution: If the water is not draining here’s a couple things you should try:
- Check for visually damaged drain hoses. You should also check the inlet valve, pump and spray pump for tears or frays.
- Check the motor and pump for any obstructions
- Check the drive belt and hoses for damages.
- Check the soap you are using. Make sure that it is the proper soap for your dishwasher.
- Check the door latch and the hinges to make sure that they are working properly.
- Check the seals around the tub, floater, diffuser, and heater.
Problem: Your dishwasher does not clean the dishes
Solution: If your dishes are not being cleaned, try these things:
- Make sure that the water level is correct.
- Check to see if the water pressure and temperature are fine.
- Clean the fine particle filter.
- Clean the water inlet filters.
- Make sure that the detergent dispenser is functioning correctly
- Make sure the spray arms don’t have blockages.
- Make sure that the inlet and drain valves have the proper resistance.
Problem: Your dishwasher is extremely noisy.
Solution: If you find that your dishwasher is noisier than usual, there may be a problem. Try this:
- Take a look at the spray arms and inlet filter screens. Check and see if they’re damaged.
- Check the motor, fan, and blades for damages that may be causing excessive noise.
Problem: Your dishwasher does not fill or continues to drain all of the water while it is filling.
Solution: If your dishwasher is doing one of those two things, try these steps to fix it:
- Make sure that your water supply is on.
- Check to see if there are leaks between the water supply and the dishwasher. If there are leaks, tighten the water supply.
- Make sure that there is no breakage in the fill lines that are preventing the dishwasher from filling.
- Check the door latch and make sure it is functioning properly
- Check the inlet and drain valves.
- Make sure that the drain valve is functioning properly by grasping the arm to try and move it up and down. If it is difficult to move the springs are most likely damaged or missing.
- If those steps didn’t fix the problem, give us a call.
*Consult your owner’s manual if you have specific questions about your model.
If you’re not having any of the above-listed problems, or the solutions just aren’t working, just give your local KitchenAid dishwasher repair a call. We pride ourselves on professionalism and amazing customer service. Call us at (949) 929-3198 or visit our website at appliancerepair-orangecounty.com